Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

No-Poo Update

I love my no-poo hair!  It has been over a month of very light experimentation.  I figured out in the first week what works best for me is either every 2 or 3 days putting about 2 tsp of baking soda in a cup with about 1/2 cup of water and pouring that over my head to massage in is the best method, for me.  I also have figured out that too many ACV rinses can leave my hair kind of greasy whereas no ACV rinses leave it full of static electricity, but only if I use the hair dryer.  I tried lemon juice as a rinse and love how soft it left my hair.  The only problem was I did not strain it, and I had lemon pulp in my hair for two days.  So, my conditioning routine is now only weekly, and using strained lemon juice.  The other benefit to the lemon juice is it provided some control to my hair like a mousse would.  I have not used any hair products like hairspray, gel or mousse either since May 1.  I could, but I don't feel any need.  At this point, I see no reason to turn back to shampoo.

No comments:

No Mother Left Behind