Raw Blueberry Cheesecake
2 cups pecans
1 cup dates
a pinch of salt
3 cups macadamia nuts, soaked overnight
3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3/4 cup agave nectar
3/4 cup coconut oil
1 vanilla bean, insides scraped (or 1 teaspoon vanilla)
2 tsp probiotic powder (optional)
1/2 tsp salt
14 oz blueberries
- If your coconut oil is solid, place a little over 3/4 cup of coconut oil into a glass measuring cup or, bowl. Melt the coconut oil in a large bowl or sink filled with a few inches of, very warm water, making sure the water does not reach over the top of the cup or, bowl holding the coconut oil. Stir every couple of minutes while you make the, crust, and it will melt faster. If your oil is already liquid, then just measure the 3/4 cup
- Place all "Crust" ingredients into a food processor fitted with the "S" blade and process until fine.
- Press crust mixture firmly into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan. (I used a pie pan because I cannot find my springform and had leftover of the filling)
- Check your coconut oil measurement once it's all melted. It should be 3/4 cup, when melted.
- Put all Cheesecake filling ingredients into a high-speed blender or process in a food processor in batches until smooth.
- Adjust lemon juice and agave nectar to taste.
- Pour mixture onto crust. Tap the pan on your bench/countertop a few times to remove any air bubbles.
- Put the cheesecake in the freezer until firm for at least 3 hours but, preferably overnight.
- Transfer the cheesecake to the fridge about 2 hours before serving.