This was a quick recipe and so easy my 15 month old helped pour and stir the ingredients. Depending on the size of your cookies (we went large) this will make 18 large or 36 small cookies. These cookies are cake-like and chewy and the date syrup makes them very dark in color.
1 3/4 cups Bob's Red Mill All-Purpose Gluten-Free flour
1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Oats (regular not the quick cook kind)
1/4 cup ground flax seed
1 Tbls cinnamon
1 Tbls garam masala
1 1/2 tsp zanthan gum
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup cold pressed olive oil
1/2 cup unsweetened organic applesauce
2 Tbls vanilla extract
3/4 cup Date Syrup
1 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 325, and either line or oil 2 cookie sheets
- In a medium mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients (except the raisins) and whisk together.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix all the wet ingredients then pour into the dry ingredients.
- Mix together until well incorporated, then add raisins
- Drop by spoonfuls on to the lined cookie sheets leaving about 1 inch between each cookie (they will spread as the bake)
- Bake for 15 minutes or until dark and golden.
- Let stand for 15 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool another 10 minutes.