I was craving Peanut Butter, Oatmeal and Chocolate Chip Cookies but could not find a recipe in any cookbook or on the internet that was vegan and GF or could easily be adapted, so I just modified a traditional Oatmeal Choc Chip Cookie Recipe and came up with this. They are pretty rich and really tasty! This recipe is also soy free - as long as you check your chocolate chips to make sure they do not contain soy lecithin.
3/4 cup vegetable oil (I prefer Grapeseed for this recipe)
1/2 cup peanut butter
Egg replacer for three eggs
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups GF All Purpose flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
1/4 tsp xantham gum
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups oatmeal
1/2 - 3/4 cup chocolate chips (depending on how chocolatey you want the cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, peanut butter, egg replacer and vanilla. Add sugar and brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, xantham gum, baking soda and salt.
- Combine with oil mixture.
- Stir in the oatmeal and chocolate chips until well combined.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.