I was craving peanut butter and chocolate so whipped up this ice cream (and topped it with chocolate ganache) - it comes together very quickly and you can start enjoying it within about a half hour as long as you have the ice cream maker in the freezer.
3 Cups Coconut Milk (either canned, or taking the water and meat of a young coconut to make your own coconut milk is fine)
1 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Cup Dates, pitted
2 tsp Vanilla extract (alcohol-free so the ice cream will freeze)
1/8 tsp Almond extract (alcohol-free)
Blend all ingredients together until smooth, then place in an ice cream freezer and follow the manufacturers directions.
1 Cup Coconut Milk
1 Cup Bittersweet Chocolate, chopped (or as chocolate chips)
2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Place chocolate in a heat safe bowl.
- Bring coconut milk to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Pour the hot milk over the chocolate and let it stand for a moment to allow the chocolate to soften.
- Whisk chocolate and coconut milk together until smooth.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Warm and use like hot fudge over ice cream.